||3m lead foil tape 420
|Size (width x length)
||12 mm x 33 m x 0,19 mm
|Rolls per pack
|Rolls per carton
|Type of price
A lead foil backing combined with a crude rubber adhesive with a white, easy release film liner. No. 420 is a good conductor of electrical current and has good thermal properties.
Very conformable for use in Electroplating and hardchrome plating, radiation barriers and chemical milling. Good thermal properties and will perform over a wide variety of temperature conditions (-55°C to 105°C) Has been used at higher temperatures for shorter durations.
• Very good conformability.
• Good thermal properties and will perform over a wide variety of temperature
conditions (-60° to 225°F or -54° to 106°C). It has been used at higher
temperatures for shorter duration.
• Electrically and thermally conductive.
• Can be die-cut into specific shapes.
• This material when disposed of separately is classified as RCRA hazardous waste.
Please consult applicable Federal, State and local regulations for proper disposal.
• Elevated lead levels in water may result from long term submersion of this product.
• Best results are obtained when applied to a clean dry surface above 32°F (0°C).
Also, by “feathering” the edges – rubbing the tape down with a smooth-edged
plastic piece (or similar object) – the tape can be made to better conform to the
substrate. This is especially important if the tape is to be used as a “thief” in
electroplating where the edges must fully contact the metal base.
• Radiation barrier
• Moisture barrier
• Chemical milling